Hilarie
I have been so occupied with preparing for our move to short term housing that I have really fallen behind in my reading. The big move is on August 4th, and I am once again reminded of all the reasons why I hate moving. I also find that I am strangely reluctant to pack any of my precious books because I am certain that as soon as the boxes are sealed and in the storage unit I will be overcome with a terrible urge to read one of the books that I no longer have easy access too. My husband has started throwing books in the boxes while my back is turned. I am also really appreciating the help of my kids with the packing. My almost 3 year old tries to unpack everything I put in a box, and my nine month old just wants to eat the packing material and suck on the outside of the boxes. Needless to say, it has not been a great week for reading.

Books I completed this week:

Q&A or Slumdog Millionaire by Vikas Swarup (Audio book Edition) - I really, really liked this. It is probably one of the best audio books I've listened to in recent years. If you are a fan of the movie, as I am, just don't expect the book to be at all similar. I was amazed at how different they were. After some consideration, I think I preferred the book (this seems to almost always be the case) for several reasons, but especially because I loved the main character of Ram Muhammad Thomas. If you like audio books, give this one a try.

Still reading:

The same books as last week.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larrson - It took me a while to get into this one, but now I am turning pages every chance I get, which as I mentioned above isn't that often. This is really a great read, although I was surprised by just how gruesome some of the situations in the book are.

I am ashamed to say I have made absolutely no other progress on my current reads, so I won't even mention them. You can check out last weeks post if you want to see what they are.
Labels: edit post