Hilarie
Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Callista83. This week Callista suggests an idea that was inspired by The Toddled Dredge.

“So here today I present to you an Unread Books Challenge. Give me the list or take a picture of all the books you have stacked on your bedside table, hidden under the bed or standing in your shelf – the books you have not read, but keep meaning to. The books that begin to weigh on your mind. The books that make you cover your ears in conversation and say, ‘No! Don’t give me another book to read! I can’t finish the ones I have!’ “

This question is like a guilty wake up call, because I do have books that I know I should be reading, and I keep putting them off for new books. Honestly, I want to read every book on my shelf, but knowing that I need to read a particular book because of a reading challenge or a review request makes it feel a bit more like homework, and suddenly that book seems less interesting. Currently, these are the books that have been persistently getting the shaft.

1. Methland by Nick Reding
2. Ravens by George Dawes Green
3. Hollywood is Like High School with Money by Zoey Dean
4. The Count of Monte Cristo, Unabridged Version by Alexander Dumas
5. I Will Teach You to Be Rich by Ramit Sethi
6. Mating Rituals of the North American Wasp by Lauren Lipton
7. In the Land of Cotton by Martha A. Taylor
8. Death Piled Hard by W. Patrick Lang
9. North From Calcutta by Duane Evans

I have more, as sad as that is, but as we are in the midst of preparing for an out of state move, those are the ones that I can remember. The rest are packed away in boxes for the movers. Has anyone ever read any of these? What books are on your shelves?