Hilarie
Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme, hosted by Callista83. This week, she poses the following question about celebrity memoirs:

Do you read celebrity memoirs? Which ones have you read or do you want to read? Which nonexistent celebrity memoirs would you like to see?

I read Couplehood by Paul Reiser, which I guess can be considered a memoir of sorts as he writes of many of his own experiences throughout his marriage. I did like the book, especially since it seemed so much like Mad About You, which was one of my favorite TV shows for a while. In general though, I think I tend to steer clear of celebrity memoirs. I get so tired of seeing their faces plastered everywhere I go. It seems as though I can't escape hearing about their lives, and I can't imagine actually seeking out more information about them. Also, the more I learn about a celebrity is seems the less I admire them. For example, I used to really enjoy Tom Cruise as an actor, but after seeing countless youtube videos of him on Oprah's couch I have a hard time watching him on film. I do want to read the Life of Charlotte Bronte by Elizabeth Gaskell, which is as close as I ever hope to come to the genre.