Hilarie
Teaser Tuesdays are hosted by Should Be Reading. The rules are as follows:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

  • Here are mine for the day from my current reads. I may have cheated a bit (it is so hard to stick to only two lines), but I really liked both of these teasers.

    The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson (Signet Classic Edition) page 71

    "Time ran on; thousands of pounds were offered in reward, for the death of Sir Danvers was resented as a public injury; but Mr. Hyde had disappeared out of the ken of the police as though he had never existed. Much of his past was unearthed, indeed, and all disreputable: tales came out of the man's cruelty, at once so callous and violent; of his vile life, of his strange associates, of the hatred that seemed to have surrounded his career; but of his present whereabouts, not a whisper."

    What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell page 213

    "Headlines. Words that once you read upside down, that popped out at you at a newstand as you roller-skated by, or from the kitchen table as you went by to grab an apple from a yellow bowl on the kitchen counter. BODY and BLONDE and MURDER. Now they were about us."
    9 Responses
    1. Harvee Says:

      Two teases! Great!

      Here's mine: www.bookbirddog.blogspot.com


    2. Melissa Says:

      I've never read Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. That teaser is definitely intriguing.


    3. Wanda Says:

      I was reading about What I Saw and How I Lied on another blog and the book does sound like one I would enjoy. How are you liking it so far?

      My teaser comes from Shelf Monkey.


    4. Nise' Says:

      Great teasers. I read What I Saw last month and enjoyed it.


    5. Those are both great teasers. Neither of which I have read. I'll have to ammend that.


    6. Staci Says:

      Great teasers!! I want to read What I Saw!!


    7. kayerj Says:

      love the first book, and the second sounds very mysterious.

      kaye’s teaser



    8. Wendi Says:

      Both are great teasers - I've read the first book, but not the second. :)

      Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi


    Post a Comment

    Great comments are the greatest reward!