Hilarie
Teaser Tuesdays are such fun!  They are hosted by http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/

The rules are:
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
Please avoid spoilers!


Here's mine for today:

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, p133 
"Thank God we were at his flat by then - he began shouting about Sidney and godforsaken islands and women who care more about a passel of strangers than men who are right in front of them.  I kept trying to explain and he kept shouting until I began to cry from frustration."

A Very Long Engagement by Sebastien Japrisot, p47

"I trudged through the mud and the darkness, occasionally losing my way, asking for directions from the men on fatigue duty in the trenches.  I found Boffi and the others waiting at the appointed place."

3 Responses
  1. jlshall Says:

    I read "Guernsey" last year and really fell in love with it! Don't think I've heard of the second book. Hope you're enjoying them both. Good teasers.


  2. Alyce Says:

    I think you could quote from just about any page of Guernsey and it would be great! I loved that book!


  3. Marg Says:

    Love, loved Guernsey when I read it last year, and I really want to read the Japrisot as well!


    Mine is here


Post a Comment

Great comments are the greatest reward!