Hilarie
I love this idea.  Teaser Tuesdays are hosted by ShouldbeReading.  The rules are as follows:

Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!


 Here are the teasers from my current reads:

Teaser One

"I don't understand!" wailed Twoflower.  Rincewind relaxed slightly, which was to say that he still made a violin string look like a bowl full of jelly."

The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett,  page 88

Teaser Two

"That's why, in place of discipline, we too often try using logic, reason, and conflict avoidance.  That's fine for dealing with calm young children but rather unhelpful for controlling raging little Neanderthals."

The Happiest Toddler on the Block by Harvey Karp, M.D., page 204

Teaser Three

"Arthur was almost at the top of the stairs when he felt something grab his ankle.  He fell forward, lost his hold on the Key for an instant, and felt the terrible heat and instant panic as his lungs were compressed by a deathly grip."

Mister Monday by Garth Nix, page 98
 
3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Welcome to Teaser Tuesdays! Three great ones. I've never got on with Terry Pratchett but your teaser almost has me ready to give him another try.


  2. Alyce Says:

    The last two teasers are my favorites. I think I should read the happiest toddler book (although my youngest is four now, so I don't know if it would apply that much).


  3. Nise' Says:

    Mister Monday has me teased.


Post a Comment

Great comments are the greatest reward!