Hilarie
Rating:  5/5

Perhaps no one appreciates an excellent picture book more than a parent who is forced to read it multiple times.  That is why this book stands out, because even after countless reads I still find myself smiling right along with my toddler at the antics of this unfortunate poultry.  This fabulous picture book details the adventures of Pauline Poulet, a brave chicken, as she struggles to save herself from becoming someone else's main course.  The illustrations are beautiful, the writing is clever and catchy.  I was very impressed by the authors ability to find just the perfect rhyme.  My daughter especially loves to shout out "Pauline, Prevail!" along with the main character.  I think this book is destined to become one of my gifts of choice for birthday parties of one or two year olds.