Hilarie
Yesterday I discovered the Classics Challenge 2009.  I've decided to have a satisfying classic entree, just because I am already committed to a few challenges.  My reads for this challenge will be:

1.  The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas
2.  Persuasion by Jane Austen
3.  The Four Feathers by Alfred Edward Woodley Mason
4.  Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
5.  North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell

I actually have only read one of the above, "Persuasion", prior to this challenge, so I think it is going to be great!

I have also decided to join the War Through the Generations challenge for 2009.  I find this a fascinating time in history, and am looking forward to learning more.  I haven't selected my books as I will probably pick whatever meets my fancy.  I missed my chance for entrance into the prize drawing, but reading good books is enough of a reward for me.  Luckily, Tallgrass will fit the bill, so I already have one down for this year.

1 Response
  1. Corinne Says:

    Sweet! How fun that we'll be doing the same challenges!! I had a really great time with the Classics Challenge last year. Looks like you've got a great list!


Post a Comment

Great comments are the greatest reward!